“Teach me the way of Your commandments O Lord, and I will keep them. I will live in grace Lord, guard the doors of my limbs that lie open lest the treasure of Your gifts be stolen.” (Sh'himo Prayers, Saturday Soutoro)
Welcome to Talmido!
- Lesson 12 will be published in May, and the remaining Lessons 13 to 16 will be published over the summer in time for Academic Year 2023-204.
- Full details can be read here: Academic Year 2022-2023 Announcement
- Small Group Videos and Handouts now available! First topic is "Learning Outcomes" .. please check it out!
- Please use the links on the left to access more training videos and other helpful information
Again, if you create new tools to deliver the lessons to your assigned children, or come across something really useful, please go forward with it! Use them and share your experience with the Curriculum Committee. If anything useful is found in the process of raising generations of convinced and committed Orthodox Faithful and you don’t see it here, please feel free to let us know! We can’t wait to read all your feedback!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is "Talmido"?
Talmido in Syriac (ܬܰܠܡܝܼܕܳܐ) means disciple.
When it comes to our Faith, we are all disciples of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Talmido was developed by the American Dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church to provide resources for the revised Sunday School Curriculum. Our vision for Talmido is to become an important tool not just for teachers but for every disciple to learn more about Orthodoxy and our rich Syriac tradition.
We also encourage everyone to explore Talmido and learn more about our Faith. Sunday School children can use Talmido to expand their knowledge base, and parents can easily see what their children are learning while enhancing their own faith. Even those not directly associated with the Sunday School program can make use of Talmido to learn the faith, tradition, Holy Bible, and liturgy of the Orthodox Church. Therefore, welcome!
This site aspires to provide a "one-stop shop" for the new curriculum including textbook and lessons, supplementary materials for lessons and topics, Teacher’s Guide and Training Tools, songs, liturgical resources, writings of the Fathers in connection to these resources, documents to use in lesson planning, Kahoots, Cross-words, videos, and a lot more. This site is intended to grow over time and we encourage everyone to consider themselves as contributors to this online compendium. If you come across something useful in teaching Sunday School children, please share the resource back to us!
How do I use Talmido?
Families and Parenting
We envision Talmido to be a resource not only for educators and children, but also for parents including those who do not have children in Sunday School! Please use Talmido to explore the various topics and resources and we pray that this helps you learn more about our beautiful Orthodox faith.
A few resources that have been prepared especially for parents:
- "What your child should know? - The Goals and Objectives of Education in the Orthodox Church", by Rev. Fr. Dr. Anton C Vrame (Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Department of Religious Education)
- Engaging Parents with Religious Education, by Rev. Fr. Dr. Anton C Vrame (Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Department of Religious Education)
- Introducing Our Children to the Bible, Dr. Jeannie Constantinou (Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America)